Friday, November 29, 2013

Grateful

I have so much to be thankful for. As I am always thankful for my family and friends, I can never express my gratitude enough for the love & support they have given to me, to Joe and especially to Evan.

I am so blessed to have this little man in my life. He makes me smile constantly. He completes my life and maybe more so because it comes along with some unique circumstances. My world revolves around this child and even when I'm not 'thinking about him', I really am "thinking about him'.

It wasn't until recently when I was asked the question, in a FIRST interview, "What would you like to say to your doctors?" Before three words could even make it out of my mouth, I was in tears. They were happy tears, incredibly grateful tears. I had not expressed that emotion before. I had never been specifically asked that question before either. I have expressed how lucky and grateful we are to have these experts now and at the moments before Evan's birth but in that moment, I thought about other children who didn't have "our doctors" or a doctor familiar with ichthyosis, who may not have been as fortunate as us.

Every year, every day, every minute, every second of my life I will be forever grateful to the dermatologists that helped save Evan's life. Who are the same dermatologists that are continuing to help save others with education and research for better treatments and ultimately a cure.

Grateful...


Thanksgiving 2013


*** There has been LOTS going on this month and LOTS to write about!
(hence the lack of posts this month)

Yet another reason why I am so thankful for my wonderful life and the wonderful people in it!***


Photobucket 

1 comment:

  1. He's becoming such a little-big man! You must be doing a great job loving him. Happy Thanksgiving. :)

    ReplyDelete